Popular searches: Entertainment
Mary Grace Canfield dies
Mary Grace Canfield dies
FIND MORE ON THIS TOPIC WITH BING
Veteran character actress Mary Grace Canfield (see photos), 89, died on Feb. 15. You may not remember her name, but most likely you will recall some of her many roles in TV and film (check out her filmography). Canfield was married twice and had two children. She was best known for playing Ralph Munroe on the classic TV series "Green Acres" (watch the theme song). Canfield played a carpenter who was perpetually working on the Douglas couple’s bedroom (who played the leads?). Before scoring her role on "Green Acres," Canfield appeared on a memorable episode of "The Andy Griffith Show" opposite this classic comic character (what was the episode?). She also had memorable roles on "Bewitched" and appeared on the daytime soap "General Hospital." Canfield also appeared in movies such as "The St. Valentine's Day Massacre" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes." She later returned to the TV role that made her famous in this 1990 TV reunion movie.
Here's a look at the cast of actors who played a part in making her a TV star.
More on the "Green Acres" cast:
- Eddie Albert played Oliver Wendell Douglas, a big city attorney who longed for life as a farmer. He moved himself and his wife to this quaint community. Albert was a well-known and respected actor in movies and TV. He acted steadily until his death.
What roles nabbed Oscar nominations for Albert?
- Eva Gabor (see photos) played Oliver's wife, Lisa Douglas. Born in Hungary, Gabor followed in her elder sisters' acting footsteps, appearing in "The Last Time I Saw Paris" with this iconic actress and "Artists and Models" with this revered comedy duo. She had multiple marriages but no biological children when she died.
What cartoon voice was Gabor known for?
- Pat Buttram (see photos) was an American actor known for his unique voice (check it out). On "Green Acres," he played Mr. Haney, a farmer in Hooterville who was also a slick salesman and con man. On film, Buttram was a sidekick to this famous singing cowboy. He also helped this president spice up his political speeches. Buttram was married twice before dying in 1994.
What popular Michael J. Fox movie series did Buttram appear in?
- Character actor Frank Cady (see photos) played general store owner Mr. Drucker. Cady popped up in many roles on such popular TV shows as "Petticoat Junction" and "The Beverly Hillbillies."
Which classic Alfred Hitchcock movie did Cady appear in?
- Sid Melton played Canfield's brother, Alf, on "Green Acres." Melton was a regular on many TV shows during the '50s and '60s, such as "Make Room for Daddy" and "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C."
What classic '80s sitcom did Melton appear on?